Comprehensive Geriatric Program
Welcome to the Comprehensive Geriatric Program!
This comprehensive program will help to prepare you to write the Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP) examination. The content has been matched to most of the topics and subjects that are included on this examination and is provided in brief modules to allow you to complete the program at your own pace.
For more information about the CGP exam, visit www.ccgp.org/exam/prepare. In addition to helping you prepare for this examination, the case studies and topic areas covered in this program will help you enhance the care that you provide to older individuals in your practice.
Click here to download a PDF with the learning objectives of each program module.
Our program includes:
- Basic Concepts in Geriatric Pharmacotherapy (8 modules)
- Cardiovascular Disease (8 modules)
- Endocrine and Exocrine Diseases (7 modules)
- Hematologic Disorders (5 modules)
- Dementia and Delirium (9 modules)
- Parkinson's Disease (8 modules)
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (5 modules)
- Nutrition/Hydration Disorders (2 modules)
- Respiratory Disorders (5 modules)
- Genitourinary/Renal Disorders (5 modules)
- Dermatologic Disorders (2 modules)
- Infectious Diseases (6 modules)
- Psychiatric Disorders (6 modules)
- Oncology (2 modules)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (4 modules)
We have based the selection of topics for our program on the list of medical conditions published in the Candidate Handbook of the Commission for Certification in Geriatric Pharmacy Disease State List (http://www.ccgp.org/sites/default/files/CCGP_ContentOutline2014.pdf). Completion of all of our lessons will provide a strong foundation for preparation to challenge the CGP exam.
However, you should also visit the CCGP "Candidate Page” at http://www.ccgp.org/candidate to download the candidate handbook and review all of the details and requirements of the exam. The page also tells you how to register for the exam when you are ready.
Disclosures: The author and reviewers have no conflicts of interest to disclose.