Comprehensive Geriatric Program
Welcome to the Comprehensive Geriatric Program!
Whether you are working towards achieving the Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP) designation or you want to enhance your clinical knowledge of geriatrics, you have come to the right place.
The Comprehensive Geriatric Program provides a series of learning modules based on key areas pertaining to senior care, all delivered in brief segments that you can complete at your own pace. The content is based on current clinical practice guidelines and concepts relevant to the care of the aging population. This program is an important addition to your geriatrics toolbox and will help you optimize the care that you provide to older individuals in your practice.
Note that the BCGP examination is administered by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties® (BPS) in the United States but can be written at various testing centres throughout Canada. For more information about this certification and the BCGP exam, visit https://www.bpsweb.org/bps-specialties/geriatric-pharmacy/. The detailed content outline for the BCGP examination is available at https://www.bpsweb.org/wp-content/uploads/BCGPPublicDCO2018.pdf.
The Comprehensive Geriatric Program includes the following topics:
- Basic Concepts in Geriatric Pharmacotherapy (8 modules)
- Cardiovascular Disease (8 modules)
- Endocrine and Exocrine Diseases (7 modules)
- Hematologic Disorders (5 modules)
- Dementia and Delirium (9 modules)
- Parkinson's Disease (8 modules)
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (5 modules)
- Nutrition/Hydration Disorders (2 modules)
- Respiratory Disorders (5 modules)
- Genitourinary/Renal Disorders (5 modules)
- Dermatologic Disorders (2 modules)
- Infectious Diseases (6 modules)
- Psychiatric Disorders (6 modules)
- Geriatric Oncology Review (2 modules)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders in Older Individuals (4 modules)
Click here to download a PDF with the learning objectives of each program module.
Disclosures: The authors and reviewers have no conflicts of interest to disclose.